Sunday, 2 June 2013

National Wear a Ball Gown Day

Last year in honour of the Queens Jubilee I decided to wear a ball gown to the shop for the day because that's what the Queen would do. I did everything as normal only in a ball gown....


I cant tell you how lovely it was, not only to float around like a princess but also because people are so surprised, nearly everyone tells you how lovely you look which is just down right good for morale. Read the full post here on how I considered ball gown wearing and came to the conclusion that the nation needed a national day to wear them. 

This year I encouraged locals to join me in my quest by offering excellent discounts...

  
...but I must admit I did think it would just be me in a ball gown again..


I can, however, always rely on my Girl Saturday Bexi Schmit who looked beeeeutiful in her prom dress


 and the girl power off of next door, Sara and Rosie at Tinners Rabbit Picture Framing, who never disappoint....


however they were all as delighted/shocked as I was when actual ball gowners did indeed arrive...


John and Sue Fox had ticked all the NWABGD boxes..... Lady in ball gown (from dressing up box) Man in a suit (totally dapper) and as they weren't sure who was supposed to wear it.... man in a tiara...which he made from beach scrap.....


Ulverston is so brilliant


Next to arrive was the totally divine Kay and Andrew Wilson who had passed by earlier, seen the window display and gone home to get changed...


 I nearly had to lie down at this point but there was more to come. Susan off of Arnside looked fabulous in gown and tiara...


and Christine Jenyes off of Dotty Bakes not only wore a tiara but brought me a cake with a tiara on it...


 The icing on the cake was Kate and Barney off of Dent who between them wore ball gown and kilt....

  
....even Pippin agreed to wear a tiara....for a short moment..


Kate demonstrated how easy it is to dress your ball gown down by wearing it with a denim jacket and said she had thoroughly enjoyed bringing it out from her closet archives and wearing it for the day...they had enjoyed a tour to Kendal flying the NWABGD flag in their evening attire before arriving at Two by Two...


National Wear a Ball Gown day is definitely a keeper....


we had so much fun and cant wait for next year. We hope you will join us and hop on board our NWABGD Facebook page so you can keep updated with ball gown news and fun ....
...and why stop at just a day...next year lets have an actual BALL!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment